The hardware and firmware practice is one of the latest high priority initiatives at Sysco LABS, aimed at maximizing the customer experience via the introduction of cutting edge technologies to the overall service offering. As the Head of this practice, you will be required to lead a high caliber engineering team specializing in hardware and firmware and in building specialized hardware capabilities within the organization.
This role requires frequent travel to our partner organizations in the Far East and to our corporate HQ in the USA.
What you will be responsible for:
- Research, Evaluate and Propose new hardware strategies and solutions that assists in increasing the overall customer experience/satisfaction.
- Work closely with external hardware/firmware vendors to satisfy the hardware requirements of the organization in liaison with the internal stakeholders.
- Mentor and lead the Hardware and Firmware teams that design, develop and integrate software, firmware and hardware solutions/upgrades.
- Evaluate hardware configurations and make key decisions; propose solutions based on hardware benchmarking in line with the associated stability, performance and security.
- Setup/configure laboratory systems as necessary for testing and troubleshooting hardware platforms, applications, peripherals and product functionality.
- Ensure that physical devices such as POS units with touch screens, magnetic stripe readers, scanners, bar code readers, routers, printers and tablets (iOS and Android platforms) are performing to maximum potential, whilst constantly evaluating options available to further enhance the hardware offerings.
- Sign off and certify hardware devices and recommend minimum configurations with respect to Memory, OS and Driver Versions.
What you need to have to apply for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical /Electronic Engineering, or Computer Science as a minimum requirement.
- Willingness to travel overseas at short notice.
- Experience on designing, programming, debugging and problem solving for a wide variety of hardware/firmware in a Linux environment.
- Experience in managing the entire spectrum of research/experiment with hardware and providing the best optimal combination with regard to suitability.
- Excellent knowledge of inter device communication protocols such as USB, Serial, Bluetooth, NFC, Wireless and Ethernet.
- Excellent leadership, stakeholder management and negotiation skills.