We are based in the heart of the Silicon Valley and combine ideas from the epicenter of tech innovation with Sri Lankan engineering brilliance.
Our cutting edge end-to-end restaurant technology platform is distributed nationwide in the US via our parent company Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY): the world’s largest food services company.
As Sysco’s key technology partner we also provide the technical innovation necessary for Sysco to stay on the leading edge; the Sysco Innovation center at Sysco LABS undertakes the most significant technology initiatives with the aim of retaining Sysco’s competitive edge in the food-tech industry.
This is a senior management level position in the organization; the successful candidate will lead the Operations division of Sysco LABS and will report directly to the Global Vice President of Operations. The successful candidate will manage the teams responsible for developing CAKE’s internal and customer-facing tools including system monitoring, customer communications platform, system installation tools, and upgrade/deployment engines. The chosen candidate will also be required to supervise the production support, application support and menu encoding teams including 3rd party vendors stationed in Sri Lanka and overseas.
What you will be responsible for
- Being the primary advocate for global customer success
- Proactively driving automation across all support functions; rejection of error-prone manual exercises
- Overseeing and managing all technical support operations to guarantee 100% uptime to operators.
- Analyzing existing processes to identify single points of failure and potential areas of customer delight
- Improving all issue resolution and service level timelines and guarantee adherence to org SLA’s.
- Proposing and initiating new or alternative methods to reduce onboarding time, case resolution duration, and administrative overhead for customer onboarding and retention
- Analyzing and making recommendations based on key performance indicators produced by internal monitoring tools while regularly identifying new indicators
- Assisting in the management and achievement of the overall goals of the Operations team including but not limited to: onboarding throughput, customer retention, call center SLA’s, fulfillment, accuracy of menu’s and customer satisfaction
- Analyzing operations data available through Salesforce.com, PBX, employee and customer comments, surveys, etc. to proactively identify areas of need and propose solutions
- Organizing training and other methods of upskilling SL Operations
What you need to have to apply for this position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Management or a related field; a masters degree will be a plus
- Scrum Master certification or a PMP qualification will be a definite advantage
- A minimum of 12 years’ experience in the IT industry with at least 5 years’ experience in a leadership role
- Significant experience in technical support with the capability to manage a 24×7 call centre
- A technical and/or project management background will be beneficial
- Knowledge of Agile techniques and expertise with SCRUM will be an advantage
- Possess a proven track record of delivering support services to global clients
- Demonstrated ability to aggressively drive results, improve productivity while increasing team morale
- Willingness to travel to multiple locations in the US at short notice