Sysco (NYSE:SYY) is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2020 that ended June 27, 2020, the company generated sales of more than $52 billion.
Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s digital transformation with engineering teams in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and Austin and Houston, Texas, in the USA. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to support the innovation of Sysco’s business across the entire foodservice journey.
We are currently on the lookout for an IBM i (AS/400) System Engineer to join our team.
- Responsible for defining strategies and coming up with a process to manage and maintain the IBM iSeries system in an optimum way.
- Interact with key stakeholders and apply technical proficiency in iSeries (AS/400) Administration.
- Analyze, audit, identify, and suggest areas that need to be improved in the iSeries systems.
- Analyze enhancement requests raised by users and implement technologically feasible solutions.
- Effectively troubleshoot system issues and work with other teams/departments if required to obtain a successful resolution quickly.
- Provide support for test and development environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or in a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience (5+ years) in IBM i, work management, performance tuning and analysis, OS upgrades, patching, and third-party installations, upgrades, and patching.
- Strong knowledge and experience (5+ years) in AS/400 Architecture, RPG, COBOL, SQLRPGLE, Free Format RPG, and IFS.
- Strong knowledge and experience in the use of IBM i OS command.
- Experience with IBM i Advanced Job Scheduler.
- Experience in data backup/restore and data refresh.
- Experience in DB table alterations, MQ configuration, and web service/third-party interface configuration.
- Able to quickly learn new and existing technologies.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills, and the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Experience with Replication Tool Administration (MIMIX/iTERA /QEDD HA/Data Mirror/Vision) DR/HA Management.
- Experience in CL programming.
- Knowledge and experience with AIX.
- IBM iSeries Certifications.