Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customers through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco LABS is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Redwood City, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will innovate across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is poised to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
What you will be responsible for:
- Build a continuous delivery/deployment pipeline including infrastructure and environment provisioning, and deployment and monitoring tools that will support, enhance and grow an advanced DevOps model for Sysco LABS.
- Working with product engineering teams to design, develop, operate and maintain secure, auto-scalable, highly available cloud environments with the lowest total cost of ownership.
- Work with tools such as Jenkins, Chef, Docker, AWS OpsWork, Cloud Formation for DevOps operations on AWS.
- Design and develop re-usable components and operational strategies in the cloud to support scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup, restore, etc.
- Improve our knowledge base and provide thought leadership in deployment automation, continuous integration, continuous delivery, monitoring, automated scaling, building reliable services.
What you need to have to apply for this position:
- 1+ year of proven DevOps experience deploying and maintaining global multi-tiered infrastructure and web applications.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work successfully in an Agile, DevOps team environment
- Good understanding of continuous delivery and release management practices.
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills on Linux.
- Understanding of principles, methods, technology, tools and standards for AWS management, monitoring and development.
- Ability to utilize scripting languages such as Python, Bash and Perl.
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and soft skills development programs.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- Overseas travel and exposure to client environments based on business requirements.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.