Sysco (NYSE:SYY) is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2020 that ended June 27, 2020, the company generated sales of more than $52 billion.
Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s digital transformation with engineering teams in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and Austin and Houston, Texas, in the USA. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to support the innovation of Sysco’s business across the entire foodservice journey.
We are currently on the lookout for Incident Managers to join our team.
- Own the incident management process and ensure system incidents are coordinated and resolved by adhering to best practices to minimize business impact.
- Primary point of contact for all major incidents for all systems, infrastructure, and connectivity issues at Sysco.
- Monitor the incidents and manage workload in their respective queues to ensure that the Service Level Agreement and Operational Level Agreement are respected.
- Initiate and manage escalation of information and expectations by ensuring appropriate levels of communication to management and key stakeholders.
- Provide Post Incident Reviews and Post Incident Communications for major incidents with the focus on identifying process or operational improvements.
- Ensure that incidents assigned to relevant support groups are resolved and that service is restored.
- Follow up on unresolved long-standing problems and trending issues to make sure proper root cause analysis is done and permanent fixes are put in place.
- Get involved in providing continuous feedback to refine incident management procedures and contribute to knowledge base.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science / Information Technology or equivalent qualification.
- 6+ years of experience in the industry and 2+ years in incident management.
- Experience and knowledge of incident management principles, methodologies, and tools.
- Exposure with large-scale organizational technical operations / business consulting efforts.
- Strong business acumen and ability to understand organizational structure and challenges.
- Familiarity with Agile practices and tools.
- Strong analytical, logical thinking, and decision-making skills.
- Superior English language and communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Incident management certification is an added advantage.