Sysco (NYSE:SYY) is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2020 that ended June 27, 2020, the company generated sales of more than $52 billion.
Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s digital transformation with engineering teams in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and Austin and Houston, Texas, in the USA. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to support the innovation of Sysco’s business across the entire foodservice journey.
As an Incident Manager, you will be a part of the Sysco Incident and Change management team based in Sri Lanka. You will be responsible for the Sysco Incident Management process and work with your incident management team to assess the severity of reported incidents, identify relevant service owners, initiate and lead incident management calls with relevant parties, communicate the progress of the incidents via relevant communication channels, ensure proper closure of those incidents, and carry out continuous auditing and improvements to the Incident Management process. Using incident related data, you will drive further improvements into our automation, tooling, and processes so that the next event is shorter or avoided entirely.
- Ability to effectively communicate and facilitate identification, handling, and status reporting, offer solution options and alternatives, and change the implementation of various critical incidents and problems that have been reactively or proactively identified in the IT environment, effectively bringing them to resolution and/or closure.
- Understanding Service Levels, determining the criticality of incidents, ensuring incidents are addressed within agreed SLAs by the service owners, and taking follow-up actions until incidents are resolved.
- Initiating and leading the incident management calls with various stakeholders, providing progress updates via relevant channels until the incident is resolved for active critical incidents.
- Ensuring the correct resources are working on the resolution of major incidents appropriate to their severity, and identifying when escalation is required, triggering such escalation accordingly.
- Working closely with service owners to deliver a clear, concise picture of incidents and the short-term remediation applied, and making recommendations on long-term solutions.
- Effectively documenting root cause analysis, business cases, solution strategies, incident and problem tracking, processes, and knowledge articles associated with implementing fixes and solutions to existing or predicted IT incidents and problems.
- Building and maintaining an intermediate level of understanding of the industry, business, internal processes and products, and applying this knowledge to incidents as they are reported to determine next steps and make recommendations.
- Leading the support shifts and managing and mentoring Incident Analysts to help them effectively perform their job.
- Working with Support Knowledge Managers to build and maintain the team knowledge database.
- Facilitating routine root cause analysis and problem review meetings and providing recommendations to service owners to improve service availability.
- Ability to work scheduled shifts including mornings, weekends, and nights.
- 6+ years of experience in IT Support handling emails, incidents, and support calls for technology products.
- 2+ years of experience in the role of Incident Manager and leading a support team.
- ITIL Foundations certification recommended; higher ITIL certifications will be an added advantage.
- Superior English language and communication skills – both written and verbal.
- The ability to articulate technical solutions for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and responsible contributor.
- Ability to direct cross-functional resources through incident closure with proper RCA and through the problem management lifecycle.
- Must be able to understand and determine the right course of action based on the nature and criticality of the issue.
- Proven ability to prioritize according to level of urgency.
- Knowledge of IT Service Management practices and working experience in Incident Management Systems such as ServiceNow.
- Technical knowledge and experience in:
- Windows/Linux environments
- SQL, Active Directory, Scripting, etc.
- Network troubleshooting knowledge including LAN/WAN, DHCP, TCP/IP, Firewalls, and Routing
- Monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, New Relic, DataDog, Nagios and Splunk