Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates, and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Redwood City, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are currently on the lookout for a dynamic individual to join our People Operations (HR) team as an Intern. As part of People Operations, you will be part of a dynamic team where you will play a significant role in enabling us to scale and support the company as it grows, allowing us to build an exceptional group of people at Sysco LABS.
- Maintain an internal employee database
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to collect and verify data
- Ensure the veracity of data
- Update and file internal documents
- Engage in other projects and duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree (fully or partially completed) from a recognized local or foreign university or an equivalent qualification
- Professional qualification in Human Resource Management (fully or partially completed) will be an added advantage
- Expert level proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook
- An organized and highly detail-oriented personality
- Capable of prioritizing work in a dynamic environment, whilst driving tasks through to completion
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to take ownership of and ensure a high level of quality in all assigned tasks, while working on strict deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- The ability to work effectively under pressure
- Prior experience in the HR field will be an added advantage
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly