Sysco Labs is a technology-focused division within Sysco, dedicated to reimagining foodservice through innovation. An extension of Sysco’s longstanding commitment to deliver exceptional products and services to the foodservice industry, Sysco Labs leverages customer and market intelligence, data-driven insights and agile technology development to rethink the entire foodservice ecosystem — from farm to table to check. Sysco Labs’ innovations will improve everything from the ordering process, inventory, pricing and automation to the in-restaurant customer experience. Operating with the mindset of a startup and backed by the authoritative expertise of an industry leader, Sysco Labs’ mission is to enhance the Sysco customer experience and consistently deliver cost savings and new innovations through technology.
We are currently on the lookout for a dynamic individual to join our People Operations (HR) team as an Intern.
What you will be responsible for:
- Explore best practices in recruitment and staffing, and assist with hiring and retaining high caliber resources.
- Coordinate the end-to-end interview process.
- Perform the first level of resume shortlisting and coordinate preliminary interviews.
- Liaise with HR representatives and execute tasks related to onboarding, performance appraisals and general HR activities.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Take responsibility for ensuring a high level of quality in HR services to internal stakeholders and work within specified deadlines.
What you need to have to apply for this position:
An undergraduate degree from a recognized local or foreign university, or equivalent qualification.
- Professional qualification in Human Resource Management (fully or partially completed) will be an added advantage.
- Expert level proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent organizing and detail oriented skills with the ability to prioritize work in a dynamic environment, whilst driving tasks through to completion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- An understanding of HR requirements for the software industry and industry contacts is highly beneficial, but not mandatory.
- Any prior experience related to the HR field will be an added advantage.
Why you should join Sysco Labs:
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Training and soft skills development programs.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.