Sysco (NYSE:SYY) is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2020 that ended June 27, 2020, the company generated sales of more than $52 billion.
Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s digital transformation with engineering teams in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and Austin and Houston, Texas, in the USA. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to support the innovation of Sysco’s business across the entire foodservice journey.
We are currently on the lookout for a dynamic individual to join our People Operations (HR) team as an Intern. As part of People Operations, you will play a significant role in enabling us to scale and support the company as it grows, allowing us to build an exceptional group of people at Sysco LABS.
- Maintain an internal employee database.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to collect and verify data.
- Ensure the veracity of the data.
- Update and file internal documents.
- Engage in other projects and duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree (fully or partially completed) from a recognized local or foreign university or an equivalent qualification.
- Professional qualification in Human Resource Management (fully or partially completed) will be an added advantage.
- Expert level proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook.
- An organized and highly detail-oriented personality.
- Capable of prioritizing work in a dynamic environment, whilst driving tasks through to completion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to take ownership of and ensure a high level of quality in all assigned tasks, while working on strict deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Prior experience in the HR field will be an added advantage.