Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, San Mateo, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to reimagine one of the biggest industries in the world.
At Sysco LABS, Agile is a part of the organizational fabric and permeates our culture at every level. As we’ve scaled in size, process implementation has become vital to our overall growth and we continue to implement change initiatives and evolve as an Agile organization. We are looking for an Intern – Process (1 year) to join our process team who can lead change and inspire teams towards delivery excellence within an agile environment at Sysco LABS.
- Learn enterprise software development guidelines and help perform offline assessments of teams via state-of-the-art agile project management tools, engineering and quality dashboards.
- Be involved in the reporting, analysis and presentation of that analysis to provide senior management with insights into potential areas of risk.
- Be updated on agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban etc. through assisting Trainers to execute training programs on Agile across the organization, which are benchmarked to industry standards.
- Support the process team to define, design and implement an organization wide Agile improvements strategy.
- Practically engage in process improvements by improving process team operations and assist in automation activities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification, (preferably in the field of Information Systems/Technology, Software Engineering, Business Management, Project Management; but not limited to these areas). Candidates in their final year of internship in sandwich degree programs will also be considered.
- Interest in project management/agile methodologies, and basic awareness of same.
- Good communication and presentation skills, and the ability to efficiently multi-task.
- Knowledge of software engineering and testing principles, and analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Professional certifications such as PMI-CAPM, CSM (Certified Scrum Master), ITIL would be a definite advantage.
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and soft skills development programs.
- Recognition, and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- A flexible, diverse, and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.