Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Redwood City, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, and the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
Sysco LABS’ Travel & Mobility Team is responsible for both inbound & outbound travel requirements and ensures continued customer service to our internal customers. We work in conjunction with our U.S. team and relevant Sri Lankan stakeholders on re-location and travel for individuals travelling to and from our U.S. and Sri Lanka offices.
We are currently on the lookout for an Intern – Travel & Mobility to join the Travel & Mobility team at Sysco LABS. You will proactively engage and coordinate with the Head of Travel in assisting on all travel arrangements and associated tasks.
- Aiding with the handling of all travel arrangements for both inbound & outbound visitors (air, lodgings, ground transport, etc.).
- Aiding with the arrangement of all types of U.S. visas, inclusive of L1, H1B and B1/B2.
- Coordinating corporate travel rotation programs by working closely with the U.S. Sales, Admin, and HR teams.
- Updating & managing the travel data-base.
- Creating weekly reports.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to follow-up on tasks with multiple stakeholders.
- Attention to detail, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize work in a dynamic environment.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Flexibility, discretion, and the ability to respect confidentiality at all times.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Internal Air Transport Association (IATA) airline fares and ticketing qualifications or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Fast career growth, recognition, and leadership opportunities within a short period of time.
- A flexible, diverse, and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.