Sysco LABS is the captive innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 58,000 associates, the company operates approximately 343 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2021 that ended July 3, 2021, the company generated sales of more than $51 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is perfectly poised to transform one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire food service journey – from the enterprise grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes the way that Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
We are currently on the lookout for a talented Lead Application Tech Engineerspecializing inStibo (STEP Platform) to join our team.
- Be a key technical stakeholder in the design and development of enterprise master data solutions and integrations (on top of the STEP platform) for one of the world’s largest corporations.
- Ensure the reliability, accuracy, and availability of one of the most critical systems in Sysco by adhering to software engineering and integration best practices.
- Design and implement robust peripheral functionalities and extensions around the STEP platform based on enterprise demands.
- Adhere to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of solutions.
- Lead a team of enthusiastic and capable engineers, helping groom and manage them for efficient delivery.
- Work collaboratively in a cross-functional team in an Agile delivery environment.
- Adhere to DevOps principles and be involved in projects throughout their full software integration lifecycle – from development, QA, and deployment to post-production support
- Work with a diverse set of stakeholders in grooming and finalizing data requirements, before putting them into the design and implementation phase.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 6+ years of working experience.
- Prior experience with Stibo (STEP platform) and its inner workings.
- Strong knowledge about enterprise integration patterns, with primary focus on API based communication.
- Knowledge of Java and Python based scripting.
- Hands-on experience in AWS cloud computing infrastructure.
- Experience in designing application architectures that are robust, scalable, and high performance.
- Experience in an agile environment and aligning POD members on technical vision and path to implementation.
- A strong desire to continue to grow your skillset.
- Strong communication skills that are influential and convincing.
- Exposure to integration platforms such as Mulesoft and Apigee will be an added advantage.