Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, San Mateo, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to reimagine one of the biggest industries in the world.
As the lead SRE, you will manage the operations engineering team within the Sysco ITSM team based in Sri Lanka. You will work with ITSM leads to optimize the ITSM processes by automating manual tasks, developing or acquiring tools as required, consult service teams on improving the availability of exisiting services, defining the global monitoring criteria, and managing SRE dashboards.
- Managing the day to day operations of the Operations Engineering team based in Sri Lanka.
- Being responsible for the design and maintenance of the incident management and other ITSM dashboards in ServiceNow.
- Developing or acquiring new tools to help automate ITSM processes in order to minimize manual interaction and reduce the number of production incidents.
- Designing, building, and enhancing event detection and management tools as required.
- Working with Change Analysts to modernize the ITIL change management process, helping facilitate service owners to deliver new changes to production using lightweight change management processes.
- Understanding the product/services stack and providing recommendations to product operations, change management, and monitoring.
- Working with ITSM leadership to analyze critical incidents and providing recommendations to avoid repetitions of such incidents.
- Defining monitoring criteria for service teams, and onboard service teams to the Sysco centralized monitoring platform.
- Mentoring and guiding junior members of the team.
- 5+ years of experience in operations engineering, software engineering, or a DevOps discipline.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Sound knowledge in Software engineering practices and the ability to review code when required; understand incident RCAs.
- Working experience in ServiceNow.
- Previous working experience in Dynatrace and Datadog.
- The ability to clearly articulate technical solutions for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience in working as a part of a geographically distributed team.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Technical knowledge and experience in:
- Windows/Linux environments
- SQL, Active Directory, Scripting, etc.
- Network troubleshooting knowledge including LAN/WAN, DHCP, TCP/IP, Firewalls, and Routing