Sysco LABS is the captive innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 58,000 associates, the company operates approximately 343 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2021 that ended July 3, 2021, the company generated sales of more than $51 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is perfectly poised to transform one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire food service journey – from the enterprise grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes the way that Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
As the Lead/Software Architect you will be managing the ServiceNow engineering team which is a part of the Sysco ITSM team based in Sri Lanka. You will work with ITSM leads to optimize the ITSM processes by automating manual tasks, developing, or acquiring tools as required, optimizing existing ServiceNow workflows, and automating alerts and dashboards.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the engineering team based in Sri Lanka.
- Responsible for designing and maintaining incident management and other ITSM dashboards in ServiceNow.
- Develop or acquire and implement new tools to automate ITSM processes to minimize manual interaction and therefore reduction of production incidents.
- Design, build, and enhance event detection and management tools as required.
- Work with Change Analysts to modernize the ITIL change management process to facilitate service owners to deliver new changes to production using lightweight change management processes.
- Understand the product/services stack and provide recommendations to product operations, change management and monitoring.
- Work with ITSM leadership to analyze critical incidents and provide recommendations to avoid repetitions of such incidents using tools like ServiceNow.
- Lead and guide the engineering team to develop and maintain ServiceNow Design documentation and documentation for ServiceNow code and configuration.
- Follow the industry best practices and ensure configuration consistency and processes are in place to have a development/test/production environment that is reliable and reproducible.
- Conduct Technical Analysis on the ServiceNow applications and modules to identify system deficiencies and recommend solutions.
- Mentor and guide junior members of the team.
- 7+ years of experience in operations engineering, software engineering or DevOps.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Advanced understanding of ITIL processes and their linkages.
- ITIL foundations certification recommended. Higher ITIL certifications will be an added advantage.
- 3+ years of working experience in ServiceNow.
- Experience in scripting, integrations, platform configuration, design, Service Portal customization, and deployment in ServiceNow.
- Previous working experience in Dynatrace and Datadog.
- Ability to skillfully articulate technical solutions for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience in working as part of a geographically distributed team.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.