We are based in the heart of the Silicon Valley and combine ideas from the epicenter of tech innovation with Sri Lankan engineering brilliance.
Our end-to-end restaurant technology platform is distributed nationwide in the US via our parent company Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY): the world’s largest food services company. As Sysco’s key technology partner we also provide the technical innovation necessary for Sysco to stay on the leading edge; the Sysco Innovation centre within Sysco LABS undertakes the most significant technology initiatives with the aim of retaining Sysco’s competitive edge in the food-tech industry.
We are looking for a seasoned senior executive with extensive experience in providing technology solutions to enterprise clients that can come on-board with us to lead all ‘Sysco Innovations’ initiatives.
This role will be based out of Austin, USA. The successful candidate should either be based in the US or willing to relocate within a short period and should also be comfortable working with both an on-site and an SL based off-shore team.
What you will be responsible for:
- Participate in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into software design.
- Drive teams and ensure the overall integrity of the software design and validate it against the system architecture.
- Actively participate in business value assessment and business requirements elaboration phases.
- Actively participate in the design and development phases to ensure successful delivery of all Sysco Innovations projects.
- Monitor key results and generate metrics across the project portfolio.
- Build strong relationship across the Sysco hierarchy and mentor US and SL based team members; identify new opportunities to increase efficiencies and drive growth.
What you need to have to apply for this position:
- A first degree in Computer Science from a recognized foreign or local university; a relevant master’s degree will be an added qualification
- A minimum of twelve years of work experience with at least 5 years in a senior leadership role
- Extensive experience working with and providing solutions for US Fortune 500 clients with significant on-site experience; experience working with offshore teams.
- Proficiency in architecting and designing enterprise software systems and products.
- Experience in project estimation techniques, architecture and design patterns and performance engineering.
- Excellent leadership and negotiation skills with the ability to clearly propose and articulate architecture and technology decisions.
Why you should join:
- A very attractive USD compensation package together with a health and benefits scheme.
- The opportunity to lead technology innovation and provide cutting edge solutions for one of the largest companies in the world.
- Fast career growth, recognition and the possibility of a senior leadership role based on performance.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment
- Be based out of Austin, USA.