Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, San Mateo, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to reimagine one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are looking for a Corporate Counsel who can collaborate with Sysco LABS’ internal and external stakeholders to provide practical and commercially- focused legal support.
- Draft and review (negotiate as applicable in the case of deals governed by Sri Lankan law), a variety of commercial agreements, including those for strategic relationships and business deals.
- Assist General Counseling, improving and maintaining standard form agreements and legal templates, including NDAs and service agreements.
- Work with Sysco’s General Counsel to identify and implement pragmatic processes and improvements for contract management.
- Assist and support in managing corporate matters, including equity plan administration and board and shareholder affairs.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders in managing legal documents and contracts.
- A law graduate/Attorney-at-law (licensed to practice law in Sri Lanka).
- Prior experience counseling US based companies would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of commercial contracts and business and intellectual property law.
- Experience with Sri Lankan vendor and supplier contracts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet tight deadlines, and act decisively.
- Ability to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner and provide succinct, practical, and a results-oriented work product.
- Organized, detail-oriented, resourceful, and flexible.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Fast career growth, recognition and leadership opportunities within a short period of time.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.