Sysco (NYSE:SYY) is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2020 that ended June 27, 2020, the company generated sales of more than $52 billion.
Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s digital transformation with engineering teams in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and Austin and Houston, Texas, in the USA. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to support the innovation of Sysco’s business across the entire foodservice journey.
Join the 24×7 Operations Command Center for the largest food distributor in the world.
We are launching an Operations Command Center that will form the operational backbone of Sysco’s global IT infrastructure and we are looking for some of the best minds in tech operations to join the team.
- Build, develop, and lead a team of operations engineering resources including daily supervision, coaching, performance management, and development.
- 24/7 responsibility for Global IT Infrastructure and services availability.
- Help train the team on operational procedures and troubleshooting techniques.
- Manage the support roster and resource allocation to optimize coverage and response times.
- Proactively communicate IT Infrastructure and services health, impact, executive escalations, other critical analysis, reporting of KPI’s and trends to management and key stakeholders.
- Support the transformation from current reactive monitoring, to proactive, to predictive.
- Improve productivity by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in tools, training, processes, and reporting.
- Work with engineering teams to utilize, manage and maintain application, network and performance monitoring tools to detect failures proactively and resolve them.
- Examine, refine, and develop the existing monitoring and response metrics.
- Evaluate network alarms and problem situations, resolving as required and escalating to other levels for resolution.
- Establish and maintain key relationships with strategic suppliers such as Cisco, IBM, and AT&T.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- Over 12+ years of experience working in a similar capacity and 5+ years of experience in leading teams in a global organization.
- Proven track record of improving monitoring and reducing outages by developing KPI’s.
- Highly proficient in the administration of monitoring tools and technologies, such as Datadog, Splunk and Solarwinds to drive ITIL best practices.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required, including the ability to explain technology topics in business terms, establish rapport with business leaders, build consensus and foster collaboration across multiple teams.
- Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.