Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, San Mateo, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to reimagine one of the biggest industries in the world.
As Manager ITSM, you will be managing the Incident and Change management teams of the Sysco ITSM team based in Sri Lanka. You are responsible for creating, facilitating, controlling, reporting, documenting and improving both Critical Incident and Problem Management processes and Change Management processes, and oversee the proper execution of the incident management lifecycle.
- Managing the day to day operations of the Incident and Change management teams in Sri Lanka.
- Being responsible for creating, facilitating, controlling, reporting, documenting and improving both Critical Incident and Problem Management processes.
- Owning and managing the incident and problem lifecycle, including detection, escalation, diagnosis, status reporting, and resolution as required.
- Overlooking the incidents to ensure that the service level agreements are respected.
- Leading and coordinating the release readiness reviews, milestones, and the business Go/No-Go activities, including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists.
- Conducting in-depth analysis of issues, identifying solutions, forming and deploying action plans and strategies to drive value and continuous improvement, and meeting auditing requirements.
- Building and maintaining an intermediate level of understanding of the industry, business, internal processes and products, and applying this knowledge to incidents as they are reported to determine next steps and make recommendations.
- Implementing and driving best practices and root cause analysis guidelines across business units.
- Instigating and supporting 24×7 infrastructure, and system proactive monitoring tools and procedures.
- Producing management reports as required.
- Managing the shift roster of the Incident Team.
- Working as a peer with the Incident and Change Management teams in the US.
- You are not required to work on a shift/roster basis but should be contactable during non-office hours or weekends for escalations.
- Must have a strong analytical approach, understanding the need for KPIs and metrics to demonstrate value and to provide feedback towards the improvement process.
- 7+ years of experience in IT Support handling emails, incidents and phone calls
- 5+ years of experience in managing technical operations and production support teams
- ServiceNow experience within the ITIL Framework with formal Service Management, including but not limited to Incident, Problem, Change and Service Catalog
- Proven track record of leadership, critical thinking, and superior troubleshooting skills
- Sound knowledge in IT Service Management best practices
- ITIL Foundations certification recommended; higher ITIL certifications will be an added advantage
- Technical knowledge and experience in:
- Windows/Linux environments
- SQL, Active Directory, Scripting, etc.
- Network troubleshooting knowledge including LAN/WAN, DHCP, TCP/IP, Firewalls, and Routing
- Monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, New Relic, DataDog, Nagios and Splunk