Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, San Mateo, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to reimagine one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are looking for a ‘Manager – Operations’ to join the Technical Operations team at Sysco LABS.
The Sysco LABS technical operations teams primarily provide comprehensive technical support services for various systems and platforms used by Sysco Corporation across the United States, Canada, and Europe.
- Manage a team of high caliber operations engineers and enable them to function at optimum level.
- Understand technical operations expectations from a technology, service level, key stakeholders, and 3rd party integrations point of view. Develop strategies to align your team with the expectations.
- Manage the support roster and resource allocation to optimize coverage and response times.
- Plan, organize, lead and control team delivery of support services both in terms of planned work and reactive support services.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders and establish healthy relationships to share information, address bottlenecks and improve coordination.
- Be the link between operations and engineering with regards to system stability and customer support experience via regular reporting.
- Be the catalyst for systems operability improvements and continuous improvements to customer support experience.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent. Postgraduate qualifications such as a Master’s Degree / MBA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in a management/leadership role with a technical operations team and a proven track record. Minimum 5+ years of overall experience with technical support/systems administration/systems engineering.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Knowledge and experience on the Windows server / UNIX platforms.
- Sound network troubleshooting knowledge.
- Knowledge of SQL; the ability to write and execute queries and understand database.
- Knowledge in Shell or Python scripting will be an added advantage.
- Oracle DBMS and PL SQL knowledge will be an added advantage.
- A dynamic personality with a good balance of technical abilities, leadership qualities, and communication skills who can handle pressure situations.