Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, San Mateo, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to reimagine one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are currently on the lookout for a Manager – Quality Engineering to join our team. You will oversee quality engineering standards and best practices, while providing quality engineering leadership and guidance to our engineering and QE teams.
- Provide overall quality engineering leadership to multiple engineering teams.
- Play a key role in evangelizing the quality engineering philosophy of the organization.
- Work collaboratively with engineering teams to enable quality from project kickoff onwards.
- Provide guidance and recommendations to teams on test strategy formulation.
- Oversee quality engineering standards and best practices within multiple teams.
- Provide technical guidance in test automation while improving productivity in testing.
- Overlook and manage test execution and communicate test statuses & matrices to stakeholders.
- Mentor, train and lead a team of Quality Engineers.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification and 10+ years of industry experience.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge in quality engineering practices and processes.
- Strong knowledge of agile software testing, practices, test design techniques and test reporting.
- Experience working with agile/scrum and a strong knowledge in software engineering concepts.
- Experience in solving software test automation challenges pragmatically.
- Experience in building web and mobile test automation frameworks using open source tools such as Selenium and Appium.
- Experience in testing middle tier and service oriented architectures using tools such as Rest-Assured or SoapUI.
- Sound knowledge of Java, OOP concepts, coding standards and improving code quality.
- Experience in working with continuous integration, build and source control tools such as Jenkins, Maven and GIT.
- Excellent communication, presentation, leadership and negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Professional certifications such as ISTQB, PMI-ACP or CSM (Certified Scrum Master) would be an added advantage.
- Thirst for learning and regularly updating knowledge.
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and soft-skills development programs.
- Fast career growth, recognition and leadership opportunities for good performers.
- Overseas travel and exposure to client environments.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success.