Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, San Mateo, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to reimagine one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Manager/ Manager – Delivery to join our team. You will work with multiple teams including offshore technical and Ops Engineering / App Support teams to ensure strict quality standards are maintained and projects are delivered on time, and help drive best-in-class technical delivery practices across teams.
- Managing overall technical delivery aspects to multiple teams across the organization.
- Driving the adoption of best-in-class technical delivery practices.
- Translating business strategy into actionable items and working with stakeholders to ensure key business outcomes are met.
- Working with off-shore and on-shore business and technical teams in order to ensure strict quality standards are maintained and software is delivered on time and within budget.
- Proven ability to promote ideas and proposals persuasively; shaping stakeholder opinions and projecting a positive image of delivery services to clients and partners.
- Working through conflicts and negotiating lasting solutions to develop positive relationships.
- Mentoring and guiding a team consisting of teams from different disciplines to ensure continuous improvement, and fostering a culture of excellence.
- Introducing best practices across multiple disciplines like Software Development, Quality, Project Management etc.
- Maintaining high performing service support functions across different business domains.
- Taking ownership of the incident management process to ensure coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders and post incident review.
- Monitoring, controlling and supporting service delivery; ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed.
- Working with multiple disciplines such as Operations Engineering / App Support or Tech Ops teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Management or a related field, together with a Master’s degree or MBA.
- Scrum Master certification or a PMP qualification will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 08 years’ experience in the IT industry with at least 5 years’ experience in a senior leadership role.
- Expert knowledge of Agile techniques and proven expertise with SCRUM; familiarity with other Project Management methodologies is a plus.
- Possess a track record of delivering large projects of varying complexity in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with continuous flux.
- Previous experience in working with TechOps would be an added advantage.
- Exposure in leading delivery related to TechOps, Cloud, and Infrastructure teams.
- Demonstrated ability to aggressively drive results and improving productivity while increasing team morale.
- Willingness to travel to multiple locations in the US at short notice.