Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, San Mateo, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to reimagine one of the biggest industries in the world.
Our mission at Sysco LABS is to re-imagine the global foodservice industry, and the CAKE POS for restaurants is at the forefront of this mission. As a Menu Specialist for CAKE, one will work collaboratively with the menu team in Sri Lanka and the US on menu design, workflow and digitization for the POS. The keys for success in this role are excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with above average knowledge on food, cuisine types, alcohol and wine.
- Work collaboratively with the menu team in Sri Lanka and the US on menu design, workflow and digitization for the POS (Point of Sale).
- Coordinate hand-over of completed menus to the Manager – Menu Consulting to ensure high quality menus for the POS.
- Create Floor Maps for Guest Manager (our reservations application).
- Contribute to the current restaurant menu templates.
- Actively contribute and participate in team building and menu team activities.
- Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
- Above average knowledge on food, cuisine types, alcohol and wine.
- Attention to detail and a willingness to learn.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in American English.
- Ability to work independently and manage individual tasks.