Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, San Mateo, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to reimagine one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are looking for Operations Engineers / Senior Operations Engineers to join the Technical Operations team at Sysco LABS. You will primarily provide comprehensive technical support services for various systems and platforms used by Sysco Corporation across United States, Canada & Europe.
- Providing reactive support through troubleshooting of technical issues, unblocking users and detecting root cause(s) based on SLA’s.
- Identifying and resolving complex application, network, platform and cloud-based connectivity issues.
- Ensuring that systems are fully operational, and any loss of service is restored within SLA’s.
- Engaging and coordinating with end-users, other stakeholders such as engineering and 3rd parties during the issue resolution process.
- Support upgrades and new deployments of the applications.
- Monitoring and proactively managing application issues.
- Working on a roster covering 24/7 support to our end users.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- For an Operations Engineer position: 1 – 2 years of experience in a technical support/systems administration will be a key advantage.
- For a Senior Operations Engineer: 2 – 4 years of experience in a technical support/systems administration will be a key advantage.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Knowledge and experience on the Windows server / UNIX platforms.
- Sound network troubleshooting knowledge including LAN/WAN, DHCP, TCP/IP, Firewalls, and Routing.
- Knowledge of SQL; the ability to write and execute queries and understand database.
- Knowledge in Shell or Python; scripting will be an added advantage.
- Oracle DBMS and PL SQL knowledge will be an added advantage.
- A dynamic personality with a good balance of technical abilities and communication skills who can handle pressure situations.