Sysco (NYSE:SYY) is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2020 that ended June 27, 2020, the company generated sales of more than $52 billion.
Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s digital transformation with engineering teams in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and Austin and Houston, Texas, in the USA. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to support the innovation of Sysco’s business across the entire foodservice journey.
We are looking for L1 Operations Engineers / Senior L1 Operations Engineers to join the Enterprise Monitoring team at Sysco LABS. You will be a part of the Sysco Global Operations Center and primarily monitor Sysco’s global infrastructure and applications 24 x 7 x 365.
- Working on a roster covering 24×7 monitoring Sysco’s global infrastructure and applications.
- Provide proactive support in identifying incidents through various monitoring dashboards before it impacts Sysco associates and customers.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to troubleshoot and proactively resolve incidents.
- Ensure Sysco IT infrastructure and applications are fully operational at all times and escalate any potential incidents to support teams within the SLA.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedure (SOP) for known incidents.
- Desire to learn and develop all necessary technical skills.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- Willing to work in a 24x7x365 environment covering multiple time zones.
- Excellent ability to learn and articulate software-related and technical concepts.
- Sound knowledge and experience in Windows server / UNIX platforms.
- Sound knowledge and experience in computer networks including LAN/WAN, DHCP, TCP/IP, Firewalls, and Routing.
- A dynamic personality with a good balance of technical abilities and communication skills (English) who can handle pressure situations.
- Experience in the areas of technical support/systems administration will be a key advantage.
- Experience in working with monitoring platforms like Datadog, Solarwind, or Nagios will be an added advantage.