Sysco LABS is the captive innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 58,000 associates, the company operates approximately 343 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2021 that ended July 3, 2021, the company generated sales of more than $51 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is perfectly poised to transform one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire food service journey – from the enterprise grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes the way that Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
- Provide reactive support through troubleshooting of technical issues, unblocking users, and detecting root cause(s) based on SLA’s.
- Identify and resolve complex application, network, platform, and cloud-based connectivity issues.
- Ensure that systems are fully operational, and any loss of service is restored within SLA’s.
- Engage and coordinate with end-users and other stakeholders, such as engineering and 3rd parties, during the issue resolution process.
- Support upgrades and new deployments of the applications.
- Monitor and proactively manage application issues.
- Work according to a roster that covers 24/7 support for our end-users.
- A bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- 1 – 2 years of experience in a technical support/systems administration will be a key advantage.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Knowledge and experience on Windows server / UNIX platforms.
- Sound network troubleshooting and knowledge including LAN/WAN, DHCP, TCP/IP, Firewalls, and Routing.
- Knowledge of SQL including the ability to write and execute queries and understand database.
- Knowledge in Shell or Python scripting will be an added advantage.
- Oracle DBMS and PL SQL knowledge will be an added advantage.
- A dynamic personality with a good balance of technical abilities and communication skills who can handle pressure situations.