Sysco LABS is the captive innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is perfectly poised to transform one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire food service journey – from the enterprise grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes the way that Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
We are looking for an Operations Engineers to join the Technical Operations team at Sysco LABS.
Operations Engineers will primarily provide comprehensive technical support services for various systems and platforms used by Sysco Corporation across United States, Canada & Europe.
- Providing reactive support through troubleshooting of technical issues, unblocking users, and detecting root cause(s) based on SLA’s.
- Identifying and resolving complex application, network, platform and cloud-based connectivity issues.
- Ensuring that systems are fully operational, and any loss of service is restored within SLA’s.
- Engaging and coordinating with end-users and other stakeholders such as engineering and 3rd parties during the issue resolution process.
- Support upgrades and new deployments of the applications.
- Monitoring and proactively managing application issues.
- Working on a roster covering 24/7 support to our end users.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- 1 – 2 years of experience in a technical support/systems administration will be a key advantage.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Knowledge and experience on the Windows server / UNIX platforms.
- Sound network troubleshooting knowledge including LAN/WAN, DHCP, TCP/IP, Firewalls, and Routing.
- Knowledge of SQL – the ability to write and execute queries and understand database.
- Knowledge in Shell or Python scripting will be an added advantage.
- Oracle DBMS and PL SQL knowledge will be an added advantage.
- A dynamic personality with a good balance of technical abilities and communication skills who can handle pressure situations.