Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, San Mateo, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to reimagine one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are currently on the lookout for a Performance Engineer/Senior Performance Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for maintaining production like performance test infrastructure to certify code drops before moving into production, proactively identify performance bottlenecks and reliability issues, and work with engineering teams and product owners to get those issues fixed. You will also help develop test scenarios, test data, scripts, exit criteria and analysis of test results to expose potential performance issues.
- Develop a strategy for end-to-end non-functional testing which includes security, performance, capacity, reliability, scalability and compatibility.
- Development of test scenarios, test data, scripts, exit criteria and analysis of test results to expose potential performance issues.
- Full automation of non-functional test suite running during every release drop into production, and responsible for maintaining production like performance test infrastructure to certify code drops before moving into production.
- Enable other QA engineers and developers in running non-functional tests before releasing code to final acceptance tests by coordinating with scrum teams and sign-off the user story/feature acceptance criteria.
- Proactively identify performance bottlenecks and reliability issues and work with engineering team and product owners to get those issues fixed.
- Work with application development and SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) teams to analyze and resolve non-functional issues in test and production environments.
- Provide technical assistance to improve system’s security, performance, capacity, reliability, scalability and compatibility.
- Oversee system performance lifecycle and identify key metrics for performance improvements.
- A degree in Computer Science from a recognized foreign or local university.
- 5+ years of work experience for the Senior Performance Engineer position, and 2+ years of experience for the Performance Engineer position in non-functional testing and performance turning of enterprise scale web and mobile applications.
- Experience with performance testing tools such as JMeter and automation using Selenium.
- Programming experience in JAVA.
- Familiarity with standard web and mobile architectures on cloud (AWS is preferred).
- Experience in using diagnostic/performance monitoring tools like Dynatrace, Fiddler, Firefox and Chrome Developer Tools.
- Experience working on Agile teams that deliver releases at least every two weeks.
- Previous experience in Cloud infrastructure failure simulation tools like Chaos Monkey.
- A good understanding of IPC, TCP/IP stack and the Linux OS.
- Experience in working with micro-services architecture and internet scale applications.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Motivated to meet commitments and deliver the highest value possible.
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Fast career growth, recognition and leadership opportunities within a short period of time.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.