Sysco LABS is the captive innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 58,000 associates, the company operates approximately 343 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is perfectly poised to transform one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire food service journey – from the enterprise grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes the way that Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
As a Problem Manager (Level: Lead/Associate Lead Analyst – ITSM), you will be part of Sysco IT Service Management team based in Sri Lanka and will primarily provide comprehensive technical support services for various systems and platforms used by Sysco Corporation across United States, Canada, & Europe.
- Carry out Proactive and Reactive Problem Management operations throughout their lifecycle.
- Initiate and lead the Problem Management calls with various stakeholders and provide progress updates via relevant channels until problem is resolved.
- Chair/present at weekly, bi-weekly, monthly meetings, any operational updates.
- Monitor and manage problems and ensure SLAs are met for those problems by following up with service owners.
- Analyse trends, patterns, and relationships to establish opportunities for permanent fixes and improvements.
- Ensure the Problem Management process is followed by service owners and escalate any non-compliances with IT leadership.
- Continuously govern, innovate, improve, and transform tools, processes, procedures, and practices within the ITSM domain.
- Conduct trainings and awareness session to stakeholders on the processes, policies, procedures, and practices.
- Contribute towards other IT Service Management initiatives.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical support/systems administration will be a key advantage.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of IT Service Management practices and working experience in tools such as ServiceNow.
- ITIL Foundation certification will be an added advantage.
- Technical knowledge and experience working with:
- Windows/Linux environments
- SQL, Active Directory, Scripting, etc.
- Network troubleshooting knowledge including LAN/WAN, DHCP, TCP/IP, Firewalls, and Routing.
- Monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, New Relic, DataDog, Nagios and Splunk.