We are based in the heart of the Silicon Valley and combine ideas from the epicenter of tech innovation with Sri Lankan engineering brilliance.
Our cutting edge end-to-end restaurant technology platform is distributed nationwide in the US via our parent company Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY): the world’s largest food services company.
As Sysco’s key technology partner, we also provide the technical innovation necessary for Sysco to stay on the leading edge; the Sysco Innovation Centre within Sysco LABS undertakes the most significant technology initiatives with the aim of retaining Sysco’s competitive edge in the food-tech industry.
We are looking for a highly capable Product Manager with extensive experience in conceptualizing and designing enterprise technology solutions for large corporates. The chosen candidate will be required to mentor a team of experienced Business Analysts/Consultants to ensure full stakeholder satisfaction.
What you will be responsible for:
- Liaise with onsite product teams to elicit product brief and design primary product specifications.
- Analyze problems and convert them to business solutions; conduct R&D and analyze competing products to arrive at optimum solutions.
- Work closely with delivery management and define the strategic product roadmap.
- Overall responsibility for scope management and control; primary responsibility for securing approvals on specifications.
- Proactively oversee key open issues and work with delivery and product teams to address level A defects.
- Primary conduit between product and delivery/engineering teams.
- Primary responsibility for ensuring quality of product specifications.
- Manage the process for all functional test suites.
- Responsible for training and mentoring a team of Business Analysts.
What you need to have to apply for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Management, Economics or Finance; a Master’s degree will be beneficial.
- Professional certifications such as CBAP/PMP/ACP or CIMA/ACCA or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- 10+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum and/or RUP delivery models is a plus.
- A passion for innovative product design and the ability to foresee key business trends.
- Excellent analytical skills, with a strong eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly written and spoken English.
- Curiosity and the ability to acquire domain and technical knowledge rapidly.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills; strong leadership, management and organizational skills.
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber onsite and offshore teams.
- Career/skills development via a variety of internal programs and initiatives.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities.
- Overseas travel and excellent exposure to challenging work environments.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment and a fun work culture that celebrates success.