Sysco (NYSE:SYY) is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2020 that ended June 27, 2020, the company generated sales of more than $52 billion.
Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s digital transformation with engineering teams in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and Austin and Houston, Texas, in the USA. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to support the innovation of Sysco’s business across the entire foodservice journey.
We are looking for a Product Owner (Business Consultant/ Senior Business Consultant) to join our team.
- Liaise with the onsite product teams to identify strategic priorities and define high-level scope for each feature.
- Work closely with delivery/product/engineering heads and conduct R&D based on the strategic product roadmap, elaborate on the requirements by comparing and analyzing competitor products, and producing effective business solutions.
- Analyze requirements and convert them to quality business solutions and effectively document and communicate them to project & product engineering teams.
- Oversee the business design of features including user experience impact and defining success criteria.
- Coordinate approval processes and clearly and confidently articulate user, business, and functional requirements to all concerned stakeholders including the management team, software engineering team, and quality assurance team.
- Proactively resolve open issues and work with the delivery teams to address key defects.
- Act as the conduit between the product and delivery teams and ensure high level requirements are translated into the level of detail required.
- Effectively plan, manage, and deliver requirements/BA tasks and activities and meet the required project deadlines and targets with a strong focus on quality for the product/solution.
- Manage functional test suites and coordinate in-house training and product demos.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Engineering, management or finance; a Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Professional certifications such as CBAP/PMP/ACP/CSPO will be an added advantage.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience with working in software models (mainly Agile, RUP and waterfall models).
- Ability to interface with onsite staff and function as the single point of contact for requirements.
- A passion for innovative product design and the ability to foresee business trends.
- Excellent logical and analytical skills, with a strong eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly written and spoken English, and proven experience in writing user stories, use cases and detailed software requirements specifications.
- A sense of curiosity and the ability to acquire domain and technical knowledge rapidly.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Should have strong leadership, management, and organization skills including the ability to ensure schedules are met with a strong focus on quality.