We are based in the heart of the Silicon Valley and combine ideas from the epicenter of tech innovation with Sri Lankan engineering brilliance. Our cutting edge end-to-end restaurant technology platform is distributed nationwide in the US via our parent company Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY): the world’s largest food services company.
As Sysco’s key technology partner, we also provide the technical innovation necessary for Sysco to stay on the leading edge; the Sysco Innovation center at Sysco LABS undertakes the most significant technology initiatives with the aim of retaining Sysco’s competitive edge in the food-tech industry.
We are currently on the lookout for a Project Manager to join our team.
What you will be responsible for
- Coordinating internal resources and liaising with external parties for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensuring all projects are delivered on-time, within scope.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Developing a detailed project plan to track progress and use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope and schedule.
- Identifying any roadblocks and risks with the team, and actively working to remove or eliminate both, with escalation done as required.
- Performing risk management to minimize project risks.
- Liaising continuously with the product owner to ensure user stories are clearly defined, estimated and prioritized; ensuring daily status is communicated to management and other stakeholders.
What you need to have to apply for this position
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in Agile project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT; a Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Professional certifications such as PMP or CSM (Certified Scrum Master) will be an added advantage.
- Sound knowledge of risk identification and mitigation.
- Business domain knowledge and a technical background will be highly advantageous.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills together with a commitment to all-round quality.
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and soft skills development programs.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- Overseas travel and exposure to client environments based on business requirements.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.