Sysco LABS is the captive innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 58,000 associates, the company operates approximately 343 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2021 that ended July 3, 2021, the company generated sales of more than $51 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is perfectly poised to transform one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire food service journey – from the enterprise grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes the way that Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
We are currently on the lookout for a Project Manager to join our team.
- Coordinate with internal and external parties for the flawless execution of projects.
- Lead, plan, and manage the delivery of the requirements provided by the Business solution team.
- Ensure all projects are delivered on-time, meeting governance standards within scope.
- Develop technically feasible project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Formulate and control project budgets.
- Develop detailed project plans to track progress and use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope and schedule.
- Identify roadblocks and risks with the team and actively work on eliminating both, with escalation done as required.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Liaise continuously with the product owner to ensure user stories are clearly defined, estimated, and prioritized, and ensure a daily status is communicated to management and other stakeholders.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working alongside Merchandising, Finance or HR departments of large FMCG businesses (ideal, not essential).
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT; a master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Professional certifications such as PMP or CSM (Certified Scrum Master) will be an added advantage.
- Project Management experience in the delivery of complex technical projects using Agile and waterfall methodologies in a fast paced/time critical environment.
- Knowledge/experience in managing multiple third-party system integrations and deploying technologies across multiple sites.
- Sound knowledge of risk identification, mitigation, and change management.
- Business domain knowledge and a technical background will be highly advantageous.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills together with a commitment to all-round quality.
- Willingness to work in UK based hours.