Sysco (NYSE:SYY) is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2020 that ended June 27, 2020, the company generated sales of more than $52 billion.
Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s digital transformation with engineering teams in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and Austin and Houston, Texas, in the USA. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to support the innovation of Sysco’s business across the entire foodservice journey.
Quality Engineering at Sysco LABS is a continually evolving practice that pushes QE boundaries through the constant innovation of QE tools and processes, and a holistic approach that engages the quality engineer at every level of the development process, resulting in a more synergistic, cohesive team effort, and a vastly superior end-product.
We are currently on the lookout for a Quality Engineering Lead who can play a key role in evangelizing the quality engineering philosophy of the organization and lead a team of quality engineers.
- Lead efforts in defining test strategies, test planning and reviews.
- Play a key role in evangelizing the quality engineering philosophy of the organization.
- Work collaboratively with engineering teams to enable quality from project kick-off onwards.
- Oversee quality engineering standards and best practices within teams.
- Provide technical guidance in test automation and performance engineering, while improving productivity in testing.
- Overlook and manage test execution and communicate test statuses and matrices to stakeholders.
- Mentor, train and lead a team of Quality Engineers.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification and 5+ years of industry experience.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge in quality engineering practices and processes.
- Strong knowledge of DevOps, agile software testing practices, test design techniques and test reporting.
- Experience working with agile / scrum and strong knowledge in software engineering concepts.
- Experience in solving software test automation challenges using a pragmatic approach.
- Experience in building web and mobile test automation frameworks using open source tools such as Selenium and Appium.
- Experience in testing middle tier and service-oriented architectures using tools such as Rest-Assured or SoapUI.
- Sound knowledge of Java, OOP concepts, coding standards and improving code quality.
- Experience in working with continuous integration, and the building and sourcing of control tools such as Jenkins, Maven and GIT.
- Excellent communication, presentation, leadership and negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Professional certifications such as ISTQB, PMI-ACP or CSM (Certified Scrum Master) would be an added advantage.
- A thirst for learning and regularly updating knowledge.