Sysco (NYSE:SYY) is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2020 that ended June 27, 2020, the company generated sales of more than $52 billion.
Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s digital transformation with engineering teams in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and Austin and Houston, Texas, in the USA. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to support the innovation of Sysco’s business across the entire foodservice journey.
We are currently on the lookout for a Quality Engineer / Senior Quality Engineer to join our team. You will be a part of a team responsible for developing and managing end-to-end data processing with automated process flows that spans from the integration of multiple and complex source systems, to the consumption level of data that uses multiple visualization tools. This team uses state of the art cutting edge technologies which gets updated frequently.
- Contributing towards the development of test strategies and test planning.
- Performing test design and developing test scenarios.
- Contributing towards the development of automation scripts.
- Configuring and maintaining test environments and continuous integration.
- Performing test execution, analyzing test results, and communicating test results to stakeholders.
- Contributing towards the mentoring, training and leading of a team of Quality Engineers.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in software testing required for a Senior Quality Engineer position; 1+ years’ experience in software testing for a Quality Engineer position.
- Strong knowledge of software testing processes, practices, and test design techniques.
- Working experience in test automation using open source tools such as Selenium / Appium.
- Strong Knowledge in Java, OOP concepts, and coding standards.
- A solid practical understanding on Agile Software Testing and Software Engineering concepts.
- Hands on experience in Exploratory testing.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Thirst for learning and regularly updating knowledge.
- Testing and Agile related certifications would be an added advantage.