Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Redwood City, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are currently on the lookout for a QA Engineer / Senior QA Engineer – Performance Testing to join our team.
What you will be responsible for:
- Understand, collect and review the performance benchmarks and requirements for multiple applications/projects.
- Develop, execute and maintain test scenarios and test scripts using open source tools.
- Convert scripts from commercial tools to open source tools.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot performance related issues and provide insights into where optimization opportunities and application inefficiencies exist.
- Through early performance testing, provide feedback and recommendations to application teams to improve stability and performance proactively.
- Provide analysis of performance testing results.
What you need to have to apply for this position:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent qualification.
- 3 – 4 years of work experience in performance testing.
- Strong knowledge of software testing processes and practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A solid practical understanding of Agile Software Testing and Software Engineering concepts.
- Expertise in backend or API performance testing.
- Expertise in performance testing tools such as JMeter.
- Experience in testing large scale enterprise services, or performance / scale / stress tests.
- Experience in monitoring performance counters specific to App, Web and DB servers.
- Strong knowledge in analyzing and monitoring data in test and production to support root cause analysis.
- Hands on
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Fast career growth, recognition and leadership opportunities within a short period of time.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment, and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.