Sysco (NYSE:SYY) is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2020 that ended June 27, 2020, the company generated sales of more than $52 billion.
Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s digital transformation with engineering teams in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and Austin and Houston, Texas, in the USA. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to support the innovation of Sysco’s business across the entire foodservice journey.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Analyst /Analyst – HR Systems to join our team. This position provides functional and technical expertise in the areas of HR technology, specifically business process configuration, report development, and data management. They work closely with internal HR and IT staff, business line leaders, and HR system vendors to effectively meet the HR technology needs of the organization.
- Production support: Provide support for the Workday system including, but not limited to, researching and resolving problems with Workday and/ or issues with business processes plus recommendations of alternate solutions.
- Functional Support: Support HR systems regarding enhancements, inquiries, errors and data issues. Assist team members and system users with issues associated with the HR systems by investigating problems and resolving or providing detailed recommendations on resolutions.
- Process improvement: Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities. Recommend process improvements and innovative or alternative solutions.
- Advanced reporting: Create, modify, and support a variety of standard and advanced reports utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Prepare regularly scheduled reports and ad-hoc reporting as required. Provide the HR team (business and/ or BT) with reporting writing guidance, instructions or documentation. Provide advanced experience with the building, maintenance and documentation of calculated fields.
- Manage system updates: Responsible for evaluating system upgrades and modifications, including identifying requirements, configuration, testing, deployment, and communication.
- Troubleshoot HR Recruiting related Workday support tickets via Service Now.
- Effectively translate user requirements into technical specifications.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Human Resources or a related field.
- A minimum of 3- 5 years of technical and operational knowledge of HRIS systems and applications.
- Experience with configuration, implementation and support on HRIS systems.
- Experience with Workday Implementation and Support would be an added advantage.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate sound ideas and solutions in user-friendly, non-technical terms to end-users on HR systems related questions, tasks, projects and reports.
- Ability to work with multiple business and BT teams to accomplish common end goals.