We are based in the heart of the Silicon Valley and combine ideas from the epicenter of tech innovation with Sri Lankan engineering brilliance.
Our cutting edge end-to-end restaurant technology platform is distributed nationwide in the US via our parent company Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY): the world’s largest food services company.
As Sysco’s key technology partner, we also provide the technical innovation necessary for Sysco to stay on the leading edge; the Sysco Innovation center within Sysco LABS undertakes the most significant technology initiatives with the aim of retaining Sysco’s competitive edge in the food-tech industry.
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate individual who can be the key intermediary between the company and its clients; an individual who can successfully bring business and technology together The chosen candidate will be required to understand key industry trends and business needs and disseminate information to a diverse group of stakeholders.
What you will be responsible for:
- Liaise with onsite product teams to elaborate on high level requirements and develop highly detailed product specifications.
- Analyze problems and convert them to high quality business solutions; document and communicate requirements to delivery and engineering teams.
- Work closely with delivery and product leadership and conduct R&D based on the strategic product roadmap; compare and analyze competitor products to produce effective business solutions.
- Coordinate approval processes and clearly and confidently articulate user, business and functional requirements to all stakeholders.
- Proactively resolve open issues and work with the delivery teams to address key defects.
- Act as the conduit between the product and delivery teams and ensure high level requirements are translated in the level of detail required.
- Effectively plan, manage and deliver to meet project targets and deadlines with a strong focus on quality.
- Develop RFP’s and RFI and manage other pre-sales activities.
- Coordinate internal training and product demos for clients.
What you need to have to apply for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, management, economics or finance; a Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- 7+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience with working in Agile delivery models will be an advantage.
- Professional certification’s such as CBAP/PMP/ACP will be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to interface with onsite product team members and function as the single point of contact for all requirements.
- A passion for innovative product design and the ability to foresee business trends.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a strong eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills in English; proven experience in writing user stories, use cases and detailed software requirements specifications.
- Curiosity and the ability to acquire domain and technical knowledge rapidly.
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- A very attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Training and career development programs.
- Fast career growth, recognition and leadership opportunities for good performers.
- Overseas travel and exposure to client environments.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment and a fun work culture that celebrates success.