Sysco LABS is the captive innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 58,000 associates, the company operates approximately 343 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2021 that ended July 3, 2021, the company generated sales of more than $51 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is perfectly poised to transform one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire food service journey – from the enterprise grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes the way that Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
We are currently on the lookout for talented Senior Business Analysts to join our team.
- Liaise with the on-site product teams to develop product specifications.
- Analyze requirements and convert them to quality business solutions and effectively document and communicate them to project & product teams.
- Work closely with delivery/product heads and conduct R&D based on the strategic product roadmap, elaborating on the requirements by comparing and analyzing competitor products, and producing effective business solutions.
- Coordinate approval processes and clearly and confidently articulate user, business, functional, and non-functional requirements to all concerned stakeholders including the management team, software engineering team, and quality assurance team.
- Proactively resolve open issues and work with the delivery teams to address key defects.
- Act as the conduit between the product and delivery teams and ensure high-level requirements are translated into the level of detail required.
- Effectively plan, manage, and deliver requirements/BA tasks and activities, and meet the required project deadlines and targets with a strong focus on the quality of the product/solution.
- Manage functional test suites and coordinate in-house training and product demos.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, management, economics, or finance; a master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- 2 – 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge/ experience working in the Finance/ HR space is very desirable
- Experience working with software models – mainly Agile, RUP, and waterfall models, and proven experience in writing user stories, use cases, and detailed software requirements specifications.
- Professional certifications such as CBAP/PMP/ACP will be an added advantage.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and work with minimum supervision.
- Experience in requirements gathering through direct interaction with business users/in a workshop environment and prioritizing work accordingly e.g., MOSCOW.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) required; there will be a significant amount of time interacting with business users.
- Excellent interpersonal, articulation, presentation, negotiation, and business engagement skills to develop effective relationships across the business, technology, and wider change management community.
- Should have strong analytical, problem-solving, management, and organization skills, including the ability to ensure schedules are met with a strong focus on quality.
- Willingness to work in UK based hours.