Sysco (NYSE:SYY) is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2020 that ended June 27, 2020, the company generated sales of more than $52 billion.
Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s digital transformation with engineering teams in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and Austin and Houston, Texas, in the USA. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to support the innovation of Sysco’s business across the entire foodservice journey.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Cloud Engineer to join our team.
- Be our cloud (AWS/Azure) expert by staying up to date with the latest services and features and advising team members on how they might be utilized and maintaining a comprehensive understanding of the systems we have in place.
- Work closely with the Cloud Team and Cyber Security Team to adhere to their requirements/policies with our cloud solutions.
- Automate system design and implementation in terms of infrastructure creation/configuration.
- Apply cloud (AWS/Azure) computing skills to automate and deploy upgrades and fixes.
- Be responsible for the ongoing maintenance, security, and availability of several applications based on business requirements and adhere to security and procedural models.
- Plan for and recommend expansion of capacity and upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment when necessary.
- Develop automation scripts for application deployments.
- Keep systems patched and up to date.
- Build and maintain operational tools for application logging, application monitoring, and analysis of AWS infrastructure and systems.
- Cloud-related certification and a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent qualification.
- Experience developing and operating services and infrastructure in AWS & Azure cloud environments.
- Able to research, architect, and drive complex technical solutions, consisting of multiple technologies and cloud services.
- Proficient with various programming languages such as Python/JS/Java/Ruby/Go for automation or integration with APIs.
- Experience with CI/CD tools and techniques.
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration services, including Kubernetes.
- Solid understanding of centralized configuration management, orchestration, and infrastructure as code techniques.
- Working knowledge of network protocols, load balancing technologies, transport protocols, and Linux/Unix system internals.
- Expert in writing solution specifications, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile software development methodologies and DevOps practices.
- Excellent communication skills – must be capable of effectively engaging and leading interactions with cross-functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management.
- Able to comfortably present to customers and stakeholders.
- Experience in systems engineering/Cloud infrastructure role.
- Passion for continuous build, integration, test, and delivery systems.
- Ability to design and develop new technologies in a changing environment.
- Positive and respectful attitude in a diverse environment.
- Interest in building great engineering productivity tools.
- Knowledge on other Cloud platforms will be an added advantage.