Sysco (NYSE:SYY) is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2020 that ended June 27, 2020, the company generated sales of more than $52 billion.
Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s digital transformation with engineering teams in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and Austin and Houston, Texas, in the USA. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to support the innovation of Sysco’s business across the entire foodservice journey.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team.
- Responsible for developing Test Data Management solutions.
- Work with multiple internal and external infrastructure/project teams to understand and drive the existing data models and test data needs.
- Provide Synthetic Data Creation and Data reservation process whenever required.
- Innovate for automation frameworks, and tools for Test Data Management.
- Work with very large data sets (millions of records) across multiple systems for the data pipeline.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience (5+ years) with Test Data Management including evaluating and selecting feasible solutions and implementing solutions with Test Data Management.
- Experience (3+ years) in structured and unstructured data skills with demonstrated knowledge of various data types (databases both distributed i.e.: SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, mainframe (DB2), and various structured file formats).
- Experience in analyzing the applications existing database schemas, and identifying the data models/deriving relationships.
- Strong SQL experience (3+ years) writing queries within large-scale database environments and data modeling expertise.
- Strong scripting skill (3+ years) in Python, Java, and/or Scala.
- Able to quickly learn new and existing technologies.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, communication, and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Solid ability to evaluate and apply new technologies in a short time.
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms would be an added advantage.
- Experience in Gold Copy creation plan and implementation would be an added advantage.
- Experience in Test data management services and tools in AS400 environments would be an added advantage.
- Exposure to cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure would be an added advantage.
- Experience in CI/CD/CT tools and DevSecOps would be an added advantage.