Sysco LABS is the captive innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 58,000 associates, the company operates approximately 343 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2021 that ended July 3, 2021, the company generated sales of more than $51 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is perfectly poised to transform one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire food service journey – from the enterprise grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes the way that Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
We are currently on the lookout for Senior Data Engineers/ Data Engineers (Tableau/Alteryx) to join our team.
- Collect, refine, and prepare data for analytics and visualization.
- Develop database queries and conduct unit tests to troubleshoot and analyze any issues that arise.
- Prepare reports using various visualization and data modelling methods.
- Monitor reports and dashboards and make necessary changes.
- Be up to date on emerging technologies, share learnings, and apply them to solve real world problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 2 – 4 years of experience working with data engineering/data visualization and ETL tools and platforms.
- Experience in designing, developing, and managing dashboards and reports in Tableau.
- Technical knowledge and experience of Tableau products and versions including Tableau Server, Tableau Desktop etc.
- Experience of Tableau calculation, parameterization, filtering, aggregation, etc.
- In-depth knowledge and a sound understanding of RDBMS systems, SQL, Business Intelligence, and data analytics.
- Knowledge of data architecture, data modelling, data mapping, data analysis, and data visualization.
- Knowledge on Alteryx platform for data analytics will be added advantage.
- Enterprise-level experience in data presentation through various charts /models /dashboards.
- Knowledge of data migration and Tableau integration.
- Proficient understanding of agile development processes such as Scrum/Kanban.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills, and the ability to exercise mature judgment.