Sysco (NYSE:SYY) is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2020 that ended June 27, 2020, the company generated sales of more than $52 billion.
Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s digital transformation with engineering teams in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and Austin and Houston, Texas, in the USA. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to support the innovation of Sysco’s business across the entire foodservice journey.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Sysco LABS, you will be a senior member of the DevOps team and be instrumental in building and implementing our platform strategy from the ground up. You will help to automate and streamline our engineering operations, troubleshoot and resolve issues and design, develop, test and deploy solutions as required. This position will work closely with other engineers on the team in order to maintain seamless integration of infrastructure components with the entire development platform. The ideal candidate is someone who loves building and maintaining reliable and scalable systems.
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps, automation, and infrastructure-as-code
- Extensive knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases (Aurora//Redis/MongoDB)
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of working in AWS environments
- Experience supporting infrastructure for large multi-services applications
- Experience working with Jenkins or other infrastructure-as-code, CI/CD, and automated build tools
- Experience working with Docker and containerized applications
- Experience working with ECS, EKS, Kubernetes, or other container orchestration tools
- Experience working with streaming technologies (Kafka/Kinesis)
- Proficiency in Python (or similar language) and git
- Experience working with Linux and the Linux command line
- Experience building and maintaining automation scripts, modules and pipelines to make standing up infrastructure and systems repeatable.
- Experience with APM tools such as Dynatrace, New Relic, DataDog, and Nagios.
- Experience working with configuration management tools.