Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, San Mateo, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to reimagine one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are currently on the lookout for a competent, self-motivated Senior Engineer for our Cloud Services team with a deep understanding of AWS Cloud, DevOps and Automation to collaborate, lead change, and inspire teams towards delivery excellence within a DevOps environment at Sysco LABS.
- Drive AWS adoption, cloud governance and the building of continuous delivery/deployment pipelines including infrastructure design, deployment, support and monitoring tools that will enhance and grow an advanced DevOps model for Sysco LABS.
- Partner with the onsite team to design, develop, operate and maintain secure, scalable, highly available AWS solutions with the lowest total cost of ownership.
- Participate in architectural discussions to share knowledge and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing application on the AWS platform.
- Learn and adopt new tools and techniques to increase automation, performance, and scalability on the AWS platform.
- Design and develop re-usable components and operational strategies in the cloud to support scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup and restoration.
- Improve our knowledge-base and provide thought leadership to facilitate the smooth functioning of cloud infrastructure.
- Ensure the security and compliance of all Sysco LABS’ cloud infrastructure, data, applications, and configurations.
- Automation and scripting via Powershell, Python, Bash, Ansible, Chef or Terraform.
- Experience and knowledge with tools such as Jenkins, CloudCustodian, Terraform, AWS OpsWork, and AWS Cloud Formation.
- Effectively communicate with all resource levels and establish effective working relationships directly with customers.
- Documentations and user guides of tools, Agile process, AWS best practices, and cloud governance.
- 4+ years of proven AWS Cloud experience designing, deploying and maintaining global multi-tiered, scalable, highly available, secure, cost-optimized infrastructure.
- A good understanding of architecting and operating solutions built on the AWS platform.
- Excellent knowledge and technical troubleshooting skills on Windows and Linux platforms.
- AWS certification, along with a solid experience and understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS), including AWS standard and best practices.
- The ability to utilize scripting languages such as Python, Bash and Perl, and automation tools such as Chef and Ansible.
- Knowledge on networking in a large corporate infrastructure and setting up multi-tier architecture.
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation capabilities; the ability to convey risk to all levels of the business, from executives to operations and development teams.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.