Sysco (NYSE:SYY) is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2020 that ended June 27, 2020, the company generated sales of more than $52 billion.
Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s digital transformation with engineering teams in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and Austin and Houston, Texas, in the USA. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to support the innovation of Sysco’s business across the entire foodservice journey.
Join the 24×7 Operations Command Center for the largest food distributor in the world.
We are launching an Operations Command Center that will form the operational backbone of Sysco’s global IT infrastructure and we are looking for some of the best minds in tech operations to join the team.
- Responsible for deployment, configuration and support of DataDog and all other enterprise monitoring tools and systems within Sysco corporation.
- Provide thought leadership to develop monitoring best practices and preferred methods.
- Work closely with internal teams and stakeholders to identify service dependencies and KPIs.
- Work closely with the Incident Management team and facilitate the use of the monitoring and performance systems in incident response.
- Ensure thorough capacity, health, and security monitoring is present at every layer of the platform and application stack.
- Focus on the delivery of prescriptive/automated monitoring for all critical systems and services.
- Help the transformation of reactive monitoring to proactive monitoring.
- Work in highly virtualized public and private cloud environments as well as legacy computing systems.
- Utilize ITIL concepts and how to apply them effectively in the enterprise.
- Think “Enterprise” and understand that every delivered solution must be consistent, redundant, standards compliant, well monitored, and thoroughly documented.
- Desire to learn and develop all necessary technical skills.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- 5+ years of enterprise monitoring, systems engineering, and/or DevOps experience in a customer facing/supporting SaaS environment.
- Experience with both ITIL and DevOps practices.
- DevOps skillset with emphasis on Bash, Python, PHP, and Powershell scripting.
- Experience in most or all of the following monitoring-related applications and technologies: APM – DataDog, Application Insights, Dynatrace, Uptrends, NMS – Icinga2, Nagios, SentryOne, SolarWinds, Veeam One, Zabbix, Logging – Graylog, ElastiSearch, Splunk, Syslog(-ng).
- Sound knowledge and experience in Windows server / UNIX platforms, computer networks including LAN/WAN, DHCP, TCP/IP, Firewalls, and Routing.
- Proven ability to learn and grow through self-study.
- A dynamic personality with a good balance of technical capabilities and communication skills (English) who can handle pressure situations.