Sysco (NYSE:SYY) is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2020 that ended June 27, 2020, the company generated sales of more than $52 billion.
Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s digital transformation with engineering teams in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and Austin and Houston, Texas, in the USA. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to support the innovation of Sysco’s business across the entire foodservice journey.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Node JS Engineer to join our team.
- The design and development of enterprise solutions for one of the world’s largest corporations involved in the marketing and distribution of food products.
- Manage tight-knit agile teams to develop robust web-based enterprise solutions.
- Implement distributed and highly robust enterprise applications that scale for enterprise demands.
- Adhere to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of solutions.
- Ensure high code quality by following software engineering best practices.
- Work collaboratively in a cross-functional team in an Agile delivery environment.
- Adhere to DevOps principles and be involved in projects throughout their full software lifecycle – from development, QA, and deployment, to post-production support.
- Design and develop applications for efficient test data management.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, and 4+ years of experience developing production enterprise applications.
- Excellent communication and developer skills.
- Extensive hands-on experience (2+ years) with one or more of the following front-end frameworks (Node.js, Angular, or React.js) with good industry experience.
- Proficient understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3.
- Extensive hands-on experience with MySQL Database.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and ECMAScript (ES6+).
- Familiarity working with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Familiarity working on Linux platforms.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Familiarity with working in a Scrum Agile delivery environment.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and prior experience working with Cloud IaaS or PaaS providers such as AWS and Azure.