Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, San Mateo, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to reimagine one of the biggest industries in the world.
We are looking for Senior Operations Engineers / Operations Engineers to join the Technical Operations team at Sysco LABS. You will primarily provide comprehensive technical support services for various systems and platforms used by Sysco Corporation across the United States, Canada & Europe.
- Provide reactive support through the troubleshooting of technical issues, unblocking users and detecting root cause(s) based on SLA’s.
- Identify and resolve complex application, network, platform and cloud-based connectivity issues.
- Ensure that systems are fully operational, and any loss of service is restored within SLA’s.
- Engage and coordinate with end-users and other stakeholders such as engineering and 3rd parties during the issue resolution process.
- Support upgrades and new deployments of the applications.
- Monitor and proactively manage application issues.
- Work on a roster covering 24/7 support to our end users.
- Provide feedback to the dev team on production issues and help prioritize any solutions for a smooth end-user experience.
- Work closely with the engineering team to understand the architecture, integration points, technology etc. of the products.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- For the Operations Engineer position: 1 – 2 years of experience in technical support/systems administration will be a key advantage.
- For the Senior Operations Engineer position: 2 – 4 years of experience in a technical support/systems administration will be a key advantage.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Knowledge and experience on the Windows server / UNIX platforms.
- Sound network troubleshooting knowledge including LAN/WAN, DHCP, TCP/IP, Firewalls, and Routing.
- Sound debugging capabilities using log files, web browser logs and cloud based dashboards
- Knowledge of SQL; the ability to write and execute queries and understand database.
- A dynamic personality with a good balance of technical abilities and communication skills who can handle pressure situations.