Sysco LABS is the captive innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is perfectly poised to transform one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire food service journey – from the enterprise grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes the way that Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack to join our team.
- Design and development enterprise solutions for a Fortune 500 company
- Implement distributed and highly available enterprise applications that scale to meet enterprise demands.
- Adhere to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of solutions.
- Ensure high code quality by following software engineering best practices.
- Work collaboratively in a cross-functional team in an Agile delivery environment.
- Adhere to DevOps principles and be involved in projects throughout the full software lifecycle: from development, QA, and deployment, to post-production support.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, along with 2 – 4 years of experience in developing production enterprise applications and managing teams.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of technology stacks, e.g., HTTP, browser/JS engine architecture, relational and NoSQL databases, Linux, containers/virtual machines.
- Familiarity with mobile application development will be an advantage (iOS and/or Android).
- Familiarity with working in a Scrum-Agile delivery environment.
- Possess technical knowledge and skills in test data management.
- Familiarity with Machine Learning.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and prior experience working with Cloud IaaS or PaaS providers such as AWS.
- Familiarity with Quality Engineering process and practices.