Sysco (NYSE:SYY) is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2020 that ended June 27, 2020, the company generated sales of more than $52 billion.
Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s digital transformation with engineering teams in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and Austin and Houston, Texas, in the USA. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to support the innovation of Sysco’s business across the entire foodservice journey.
We are on the lookout for a Senior Software Engineer – iOS to join the team
As an SSE – iOS at Sysco LABS, you will:
- Work on apps that revolutionize customer interaction at Sysco.
- Be responsible for driving the development process from conception to release in a cross-functional team in an Agile delivery environment.
- This role is an opportunity to start at the ground level and develop the future of Sysco’s customer experience.
- 2+ years of experience developing on native iOS.
- A passion for iOS and a commitment to building award-winning apps.
- Proficient in Swift and Cocoa Touch
- Preferred experience with RxSwift, RxCocoa and MVVM.
- Preferred experience with FRP (Functional Reactive Programming).
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines.
- Familiarity with publishing apps to the Apple App Store.
- A passion for building consumer facing applications with elegant and clean interfaces.
- Experience developing, testing, shipping and supporting a product for hundreds of thousands of users is a plus.
- Knowledge on Node.js, GraphQL and Apollo is an added advantage.
- A kind and generous attitude towards customers and coworkers alike.