Sysco LABS is the captive innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 58,000 associates, the company operates approximately 343 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2021 that ended July 3, 2021, the company generated sales of more than $51 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is perfectly poised to transform one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire food service journey – from the enterprise grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes the way that Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Software Engineers / Software Engineers (Java/React) to join our team.
- Design, develop and support the operations of enterprise-grade solutions for Sysco.
- Ensure engineering best practices such as clean coding, testable designs, testable implementations, unit/integration testing, documentation etc. in all deliverables.
- Work collaboratively in a multi-geographical and diverse team to deliver business value through innovative solutions.
- Understand and master the relevant business domains by working collaboratively with subject matter experts and other available resources, and provide innovative technology solutions.
- Ensure automated testability of the application by introducing testable designs and implementations.
- Be up to date on emerging technologies, share learnings and apply them to solve real-world problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 2-4 + years of full stack development experience with Java/Spring Boot, React JS with open-source relational databases such as PostgreSQL/MySQL.
- Thorough knowledge in software design patterns and principles.
- Familiarity/working experience with a variety of advanced AWS technologies such as Aurora, EMR, Glue, Cognito, Lambda, S3, API Gateway etc.
- AWS certifications will be an added advantage.
- Database skills – extensive knowledge in SQLs, Experience using open-source/commercial/relational/NoSQL databases.
- Experience with DevOps practices such as code branching, CI/CD, deployments, unit testing, logging, monitoring etc.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Proficient understanding of agile development processes such as Scrum/Kanban.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills, and the ability to exercise mature judgment.