Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in the marketing, selling and distribution of food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customers through its team of over 65,000 associates, and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco LABS is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, Redwood City, CA and Austin and Houston, TX, will innovate across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, and the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is poised to revolutionize one of the biggest industries in the world.
Software Engineering at Sysco LABS is driven by innovation and a strong proclivity towards engineering excellence, employing cutting-edge technology to design and build the technologies that are poised to change the face of the global foodservice industry.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Software Engineer who can work collaboratively in a cross functional team, in an Agile delivery environment.
- Keep our API integration platform fast, efficient, available and scalable.
- Collaborate with engineers to build tools and frameworks for fast and reliable product and data integration.
- Collaborate with engineers to enhance our micro services platform to facilitate fast application development and integrations.
- Shape the future of our product integration platform.
- Working collaboratively in a cross functional team in an Agile delivery environment.
- Adhere to DevOps principles in building, deployment and monitoring of the tools and products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and 3+ years of experience developing production enterprise applications.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent understanding of application integration patterns, cloud computing, IaaS or PaaS.
- Experience building middleware and enterprise scale platform solutions with high-traffic, business critical functionality.
- Experience in working with Cloud IaaS or PaaS providers such as AWS.
- Experience in working with middleware frameworks such as API managers, Messaging Middleware, Identity Providers etc.
- Thorough understanding of Microservices platforms.
- Experience in Java/J2EE, and node like technology based restful API developments.
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and soft skills development programs.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.