Sysco LABS is the captive innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 58,000 associates, the company operates approximately 343 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2021 that ended July 3, 2021, the company generated sales of more than $51 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is perfectly poised to transform one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire food service journey – from the enterprise grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes the way that Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Software Engineer – Release Stability to join our team.
- Adhere to DevOps principles and be involved in projects throughout their full software lifecycle, from development, QA, and deployment, to post-production support.
- Governance for engineering best practices:
- Evaluate and highlight gaps in engineering quality.
- Ensure industry accepted built-in quality at development level.
- Align with engineering best practices around built-in quality by focusing on improving unit test coverage and high-level sanity checks on critical flows.
- Adhere to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of solutions.
- Ensure high code quality by following software engineering best practices.
- Interface between development and QE teams and work collaboratively in a cross-functional team in an Agile delivery environment.
- Provide triaging support for internal Quality assurance cycles.
- Root cause management.
- Ensure engineering teams follow the best practices around release governance (release notes, deployment plan etc.).
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science / IT or equivalent, and 4+ years of experience developing production enterprise applications.
- A good programming and software engineering background, particularly in back-end work based on Java/Spring stack.
- Experience in working with eCommerce applications like SAP Hybris would be an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge about enterprise integration patterns that covers synchronous and asynchronous integrations.
- Experience in code quality analysis tools and providing guidance to team members on resolving them.
- Very good understanding on unit testing.
- Experience working in an agile environment and aligning pod/team members on technical vision and path to implementation.
- Sound knowledge in cloud computing.
- A strong desire to continue to grow your skillset.
- Strong communication skills that is influential and convincing.
- Technical QE candidate who wants to convert into engineering via an interim role would also be considered for selection.