Sysco LABS is the innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is the global leader in marketing, selling and distributing food products as well as equipment and supplies to the hospitality industry. Sysco serves over 500,000 customer locations through its team of over 65,000 associates and operates 300 distribution facilities across the globe.
Sysco is re-imagining the global foodservice industry: our Sysco LABS engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka, San Mateo, CA and Austin and Houston TX, will help to drive innovation across the entire supply chain – sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network – culminating in the in-restaurant dining experience for the end-customer. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco and the Sysco LABS team is poised to reimagine one of the biggest industries in the world.
As the ServiceNow Developer, you will be a part of the Sysco ITSM Site Reliability Engineering team based in Sri Lanka and will be responsible for the design and maintenance of the ServiceNow deployment at Sysco. You will work with the ITSM team and various business owners to define and optimize the ServiceNow workflows, dashboards, and automate alerts.
- Working closely with the IT team and service owners to build requested items, using workflows to manage processes from the customer to fulfilment teams.
- Creating notifications to act as communications from the system to the various teams in the organization. Performing installation and testing of ServiceNow updates and new releases in a timely manner with minimal or no disruption to IT operations.
- Developing and maintaining ServiceNow Design Documentation, and Documentation for ServiceNow code and configuration.
- Developing Systems integrations with ServiceNow and other systems, and process automation.
- Conducting Technical Analysis on the ServiceNow applications and modules to identify system deficiencies and recommend solutions.
- Performing ServiceNow Application Configurations and developing Custom Code for ServiceNow application modules where applicable.
- Implementing and maintaining tables and developing Database views, Access Controls, Business Rules, Script Includes, Workflows, Reports, Catalog Items, UI Scripts, Client Scripts and UI Policies, Events, and Notifications within the ServiceNow platform.
- Monitoring system stability and performance metrics to prevent service degradation or interruption.
- Working in Agile SDLC methodologies for Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing and promotion into Production. Creating Transform maps to import data into ServiceNow tables by mapping field value.
- Maintaining and continually improving processes, standards, policies, working methods and tools.
- Ensuring configuration consistency and processes are in place to have a development/test/production environment that is reliable and reproducible.
- 3+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 2+ years of ServiceNow experience
- 2+ years of experience developing or supporting IT Service Management solutions (e.g.: Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management and Configuration Management).
- Advanced understanding of ITIL processes and their linkages.
- ITIL Foundations certification recommended; higher ITIL certifications will be an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, information technology, or equivalent.
- Experience implementing systems using the Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Experience in scripting, integrations, platform configuration, design, Service Portal customization, and deployment.
- Experience with custom application development including Custom Service Portal widget creation. Experience with rebuilding legacy applications in ServiceNow a plus.
- Experience developing and customizing core applications such as Incident, Problem, Change, Knowledge, and Service Catalog.
- Development experience with object oriented programming languages will be an added advantage.