Sysco (NYSE:SYY) is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 57,000 associates, the company operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2020 that ended June 27, 2020, the company generated sales of more than $52 billion.
Sysco LABS supports Sysco’s digital transformation with engineering teams in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and Austin and Houston, Texas, in the USA. Operating with the agility and efficiency of a tech–startup and backed by the domain expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to support the innovation of Sysco’s business across the entire foodservice journey.
We are currently on the lookout for a Site Reliability Engineer – Application & Infrastructure to join our team.
- Provide solutions to technical problems for systems deploying, managing, and integrating with other/third-party products and server platforms or networks.
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities and product enhancements to improve efficiency.
- Proposes ideas and solutions within the application/infrastructure teams to reduce the workload by automation.
- Manage and maintain the existing application/infrastructure test environments and ensure they are up to date by working/coordinating with the relevant teams.
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures.
- Craft and supervise technical critical issues retaining customer issue ownership to provide timely follow-up with customers as required.
- Analyze, track, and resolve customer questions in a prompt manner.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, or equivalent qualification.
- Occasional after-hours, weekend, and on-call duty.
- 3+ years of Enterprise level technical/software/application support experience.
- Experience with integrating, providing support, troubleshooting, and identifying the root cause of issues in dynamic environments while working cross-functionally.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly sift through artifacts/data and get to a root cause.
- Experience in managing and scaling distributed systems in a public, private, or hybrid cloud environment.
- Experience in Cloud technologies like AWS, Azure, etc.
- Experience with Nginx, HAProxy, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, or similar technologies.
- Experience in CI/CD/CT tools, and DevOps.
- Strong self-motivation and flexibility, and willingness to accept additional responsibilities as they develop.
- Experience in IBMi (AS/400) and AIX Systems would be an added advantage.